The population on earth is increasing rapidly, and with the developmcnr of modern industry, more and more people are flowing into cities. So, the housing problem in big cities is becoming more and more serious.
There have been many suggested solutions to this problem. And I'm in favour of the idea of building satellite cities in suburbs. The fresh air and beautiful scenery will attract people to leave the overcrowded city. With many people leaving the city, more space will be available for those remaining. We can find a lot of successful examples in other coun tries which solve the housing problem by building satellite cities.
Meantime, I don't think developing to the underground will help solve the problem. I can hardly imagine that people will like to live under the ground, withoul the sky and the sun. It will make people feel totally uncomfortable.
The building of satellite cities is a good way to solve the housing problem. It will not only relieve the burden on the big city, but also provide a much better environment for people to live. Of course, there is no perfect way to solve the problem. The housing problem is very complicated, involving many other problems such as traffic, you cannol rely on one way to solve the problem completely.
The shortage of housing is one of the most serious problems facing many big cities in China. Though the government has spent a large sum of money on housing,the investment has not been very resultful and a housing shortage still exists. Two generations sharing one room and newlymarried couples finding it difficult to have a house of their own are still common cases. Housing shortage is a problem that requires an immediate solution.
People's attitudes towards the solution to the housing problem are different. Some suggest building more tall apartment buildings; others believe that we should develop underground housing areas. I am in favour of the former opinion. For one thing, it is cheaper to build upward than downward. For another, living underground for a long time will do harm to people's health. Above all,people are unwilling to live underground with artificial lighting and they prefer to live normally on the ground to enjoy the sunshine.
Although there may be some other ways to solve the housing shortage problem, I believe to build more apartment buildings is one of the feasible solutions to the housing problem.
suburbs [ˈsʌbɜːb] n. 郊区；边缘
Meantime [ˈmiːnˌtaɪm] adv. 同时，其间；n. 其时，其间
environment [ɪnˈvaɪrənmənt] n. 情况、环境等；自然环境
underground ['ʌndəgraund] 在地下
artificial lighting 人工光照，人工照明
时间：2022-10-28 作者：大学校导网 来源：大学校导网 关注：
- At present, a wide vareity of credit cards issued by major banks and shopping malls are thriving in colleges
- The population on earth is increasing rapidly, and with the developmcnr of modern industry
- Nowadays, campus love is popular. Some college teachers argue that students should give up love for the sake of learning.
- With the development of science and technology, more and more people believe that...
- In recent years, to get a certificate has become anew craze among college students. Just randomly ask
- Opportunities are one of the essential factors to success. As an saying goes
- We may have experienced such an experience before: Most people always do some uncivilized things
- With the rapid development of computer, computers are becoming growing popular among people