Life is a journey,during which we are all in desperate need of a true friend. Books,to a large extent,are considered as the best friends of many individuals.However,in contemporary society,due to the accelerated tempo of life,many people are so indulged in the internet that they do not read books any more,thus suffering from moral desertification.Hence, the value of reading books is highlighted again.
Persistent attention should be paid to books for several reasons. First,with a broad coverage of subjects and topics,books enable one to become better.According to a saying,there is no royal road and to learning.What's more,since time-honored books accumulate the wisdom of ancient talents,it is books that offer people the possibility to attain an in-depth understanding of history and culture.Last but not least,books assist people to fully enjoy their leisure time.
To sum up,it is imperative for people from all walks of life to read books-perpetual friends in human life.Not only should we read masterpieces to realize the ancient wisdom,we should also read all kinds of books selectively to learn human life.
The Story of My Life by Helen Keller is the mostinfluential book in my life. It abounds with courage,struggle and faith throughout.Helen Keller wasonce in deep despair in her childhood, but finally shedecided to overcome her physical defects and livehappily. Furthermore, she showed great patience inher long and hard learning period.
I have learned, above all, three lessons from her story.First, she taught me that often theroad to success is to face hardships bravely. Maybe you are born under an ill star yet you canstand a better chance than others. It is therefore important that you screw up your couragewhen courage is needed. Second, the impairment of part of her senses did not prevent herfrom learning: on the contrary, she had made continual efforts to go deeper into the realm ofknowledge, and her perseverance had thus helped her overcome many handicaps. Third, sheadvised that we should make the most of our sense organs as if we would lose them soonbecause this way we would observe the world more carefully than ever before.
The book is inspiring in that it is one brimming over with the unbending will of a gallantwoman beset with seemingly insurmountable difficulties.I hope I can be as courageous asshe.
individuals [ˌɪndɪˈvɪdjʊəl] n. 个人，个体
desertification [dɪˌzɜːtɪfɪˈkeɪʃən] n. （土壤）荒漠化，沙漠化
time-honored adj. 历史悠久的，因古老而受到尊重的，久享盛名的，老字号
perseverance [ˌpɜːsɪˈvɪərəns] n. 毅力
insurmountable [ˌɪnsəˈmaʊntəbəl] adj. 难以克服的，不可逾越的
时间：2022-10-28 作者：大学校导网 来源：大学校导网 关注：
- In recent years, social network sites like Renren and Kaixin have rapidly gained popularity among all kinds of people.
- Life is a journey,during which we are all in desperate need of a true friend. Books,to a large extent,are considered
- At present, a wide vareity of credit cards issued by major banks and shopping malls are thriving in colleges
- The population on earth is increasing rapidly, and with the developmcnr of modern industry
- Nowadays, campus love is popular. Some college teachers argue that students should give up love for the sake of learning.
- With the development of science and technology, more and more people believe that...
- In recent years, to get a certificate has become anew craze among college students. Just randomly ask
- Opportunities are one of the essential factors to success. As an saying goes